We support the Lib Dems' campaign for safer cycling in the borough. This includes:
- require s106 funding for cycleway improvements on all major developments in the Borough;
- work with TFL to deliver segregated cycle ways on major routes in the Borough linked by quietways and cycle friendly crossings;
- apply for every bit of available funding for cycleway improvements;
- lobby TfL and the Mayor to bring cycle superhighways to the Borough;
- ensure that quietways are more than just some signage – these routes on quieter residential streets are only effective if accompanied by 20mph speed restrictions and other measures to deter motorists from using them as rat runs.
- Over reliance on shared pavements between cyclists and pedestrians as the Tories seem to favour are rarely the best solution, particularly around schools where pavements are heavily congested with parents and young children.