Postal votes start arriving from Friday (22nd April) and as approximately one third of our vote will come from postal votes this weekend is almost as important as our "Get Out the Vote" operation on polling day itself.
We will have 5 sessions scheduled for this weekend:
- Friday 6 - 8 p.m. - Meet at junction of Hayes Road and New Farm Ave
- Saturday 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. - meet at junction of Rochester Ave and Wanstead Ave (with lunch at The Crown for those who need to be fed)
- Saturday 2:30 - 4:30 p.m. - meet at junction of Murray Ave/Rochester Ave
- Sunday 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. - meet at junction of Pinewood Road and Sandford Road (with lunch at The Crown for those who need to be fed)
- Sunday 2:30 - 4:30 p.m. - meet at junction of Woldham/Homesdale
We need volunteers to
- knock on the doors of postal voters (you won't be on your own and it's much easier than canvassing, knocking on the doors of people who we expect to vote for us and reminding them to send their postal vote in straight away)
- telephone postal voters (you can do this from home)
- deliver reminders to postal voters who the canvassing team aren't expected to get to (we simply don't have the capacity to call at every door)
Please come along and help. We think we're sniffing a potential victory for us here and every single vote will count.